Monday, November 13, 2017

A Creative and Adventurous Weekend



How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic. I took the dogs up to Devil's Punch Bowl for a gorgeous hike. I had a little trouble finding the location, but everything worked out in the end. I went out of the way twenty miles, but it was worth it. This hiking trail was spectacular! It's even prettier when there's snow. My ex boyfriend took me there a few years ago. It's only an hour from the cottage. We will have to go back; the scenery is breathtaking. I didn't want to leave.

The mountain air was crisp and fresh. The trails were rugged and clean. I felt like we were in a different world. There is something about the mountains that is so healing. Every time I visit I want to move to a mountain cabin in the woods.

The dogs had a nice drink of water, and then settled themselves comfortably in the back seat for the ride home. Cesar Milan says that dogs need adventure. It seems to be true.

We stopped by Creative Ewe on the way home, and I picked up a gorgeous ball of Noro Silk Garden yarn. I thought these would be nice colors for a tea cozy. Lula was sitting in the driver's seat when I came out of the shop!

I did a lot of knitting over the weekend. I finished this Christmas bag, and went crazy on the tea cozy. It's the first one that I've ever made, and they are very addictive! It's been a while since I've worked on worsted weight yarn. It feels so fast, after knitting socks, and that vintage sweater on dk yarn. What did you do over the weekend? I hope you had fun.

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them. They make the blog interesting and enjoyable.
      

14 comments:

  1. Devils Punch Bowl seems like a great place for a hike. Doggies are so lucky to have you to take them out on such an adventure.

    Lovely yarn and cute cozy!

    We came home from Vienna last night. Now time to get back to the normal routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Anita. The dog are perfect hiking buddies. Thank you. I love the tea cozy. Ah, Vienna. I love that city. I hope to hear all about your trip.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't want to leave either it's absolutely beautiful. I'd join you if I could.
    Sounds like you've had an amazing weekend.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could join me, too, Kylie. You and Samson. It was wonderful. Can't wait to get back to the mountains.

      Delete
  3. Hehee it made me laugh when I pictured Lula sitting in the driver's seat. May be you weren't driving fast enough for her, Stephenie?
    The area looks so beautiful. I too like mountains but unfortunately there are no mountains here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a funny dog. She's so sensitive and intelligent. Too bad there are no mountains there, but the lake seems beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a nice hike. I love being in the mountains too. Living in them poses a problem though. I don't want to leave to go to work! Bleh- someday right ? Also, I know this is an aside, but I love your fruit bowl. That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt that way when I lived in Santa Fe. Thank you. I got that fruit bowl at Trader Joe's, twenty years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful mountains there, glad you had a wonderful adventure!
    i love the mountains & wish i had a lovely little cottage there too!
    gorgeous colours in the tea cozy; i'm making cosies atm too; just started a 2nd one; cables, they knit up so fast!
    your weekend sounded delightful!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect day! That is truly a glorious spot to hike.
    I have always loved road trips and hiking with my dogs. They are perfect companions and their enthusiasm is co contagious.
    Lana looks so vibrant in that photo! Clearly the new diet and Lula's sweet puppy companionship have worked magic on her. So good to see..

    The colors in that yarn are so glorious. It reminds me of those splendid sunsets when the seasons are about to change. Noro really does a special product. I've looked at your yarn shop's website and am so tempted. Better than a pastry shop [well, almost... A tie perhaps!}


    The cozy will be beautiful and so uplifting, especially on a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, Your comments are always so inspiring. Thank you. I love Creative Ewe and the Noro yarn. It's so special. I hope you treat yourself! Yes, Lana is doing so well now. She is able to eat dog food again. I took her to a different vet, and his treatment has worked wonders. The cooler weather is also much easier on older dogs, I think.

      Delete
  8. love your stories. did you ever see the yarn from the blog small things. i think you will like the colors. greetings from the netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ciska, Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I will check out small things. I love The Netherlands. I performed at Nederlands Dance Theater when I toured Europe with 42nd Street. What a special place! I rented a bicycle, and rode it everywhere. It was very cold...

      Delete