Monday, November 20, 2017

Aah, the Mountains!



I took the dogs up to Devil's Punchbowl again on Saturday. It is such a special place. I feel like breathing the air up there is incredibly healing. It reminds me of one of my favorite books as a child, Heidi.



Here is the trailhead. We just did the one mile hike. One of these days I will get up to "the chair", but it's quite a distance. The man at the information center told me it takes four hours. I'm not sure if that's one way, or round trip. Soon...



They have a sign in sheet. I love the creativity of it. I forgot to sign out when I finished.


This is the campground where we had lunch. The dogs snacked on their dog biscuits. They eagerly gobbled them up, and enthusiastically drank their water. They are such perfect companions.


The views were incredible.


I have been very busy filling soap orders. It's exciting. I love shipping off festively wrapped boxes of soap that people will receive as holiday gifts. It puts me in the best mood.

How was your weekend?

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them. If you find the articles here helpful, please share them. 

10 comments:

  1. Your walks are just breathtaking. How enjoyable. I actually gasp at some of your photos they are that beautiful.
    Heidi was also one of my favourite books. It's one of those stories which has stayed with me. I'll have to dig that one out for our daughter over the school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This area is just breathtaking, Kylie. Your comment made my day. I bet your daughter will love Heidi. The movie, with Shirley Temple was really sweet, too.

      Delete
  2. The area looks so beautiful and quiet.
    Do you get snow in the mountains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Nil. The energy there really recharges you. Yes, there will be snow once it gets colder.

      Delete
  3. It still looks like summer there 😊 Your soap looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Locust. I love this place. This soap is a new one. It's hot processed Shea butter goat's milk soap. It reminds me of Little House on the Praire soap.

      Delete
  4. lovely views, can't beat mountain air!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Selina. This place is magical and mystical.

      Delete
  5. It appears I am a bit behind in catching up with blogs. What a wonderful place to hike! Steve and I hiked this weekend also. We have a reserve about 3 miles from the house (next town over) that has great hiking paths which are very well maintained. We hiked up to the dam which is about 6-7 miles round trip and quite steep as you crest the mountain. The views are worth it! I much prefer going up first then going down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do I, Anita. I'm sorry I didn't answer your post until now. Sometimes I miss them, or forget that I hit "publish", but forgot to respond. Los Angeles has incredible hiking trails and weather. We are so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete