Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Practicing Singing and Music


I have gotten back into the routine of practicing my  songs each day. Even though I am no longer auditioning regularly, it's still enjoyable to work on music, and to have that as a part of my daily routine. Music uplifts the soul. We all need activities in our lives that bring us joy and fulfillment.

So often now people are discussing very dark topics. The news is tragic and depressing, and it can be a challenge to stay positive and happy. I find that engaging in hobbies that you enjoy, and watching and listening to things that are inspiring, really helps. As a child, I loved to make up dances and sing along to albums. I still feel the same way. We can raise our spirits by doing  things that make us feel jazzed up and energized. Usually that involves using our talents.


Today I started working on a new crochet pattern. This one is for small crocheted sock yarn bags. It's a great way to use up your leftover small balls of sock yarn. The pattern is free on Ravelry. I tried starting it while attending a knitting group today, but I had trouble with the count. I switched back to making a sock. I don't really have to think when I'm ribbing the cuff of a sock. I worked on it later, after I got home. I'm so excited to continue with it. The pink Austermann yarn is absolutely gorgeous!  I will take a photograph of it and post it on the blog tomorrow.

The coconut Christmas soaps came out nicely. These are a batch that my neighbor ordered. She gives them to her clients as gifts. I love how white the coconut oil makes the soaps. It reminds me of snow. They are scented with apple rose fragrance oil. I'm looking forward to making another batch tomorrow.    

12 comments:

  1. My daughter is forever singing, everywhere and loud. I think I should follow her lead and be as happy and carefree as her.
    I would love to try soap making, but I am unsure of using the lye. Your soaps look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diva. Soapmaking is fun. I'm sure you could do it.

      Delete
  2. Both your socks and your soaps are beautiful. Doesn't it feel good to produce something with your hands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love singing. I used to participate in music concerts as a student. You are so right, it's very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the socks!
    i used to sing around the house my voice can't do that anymore, it just cracks up instead when i try lol! but i enjoy my knitting & gardening & the cats keep me happy too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina. You sound very happy and creative.

      Delete
  5. I remember as kids we would make up little shows and then perform in front of Mum and Dad. We would sing and dance. Talent may have been missing but happiness, enthusiasm and fun were right up there.
    I think those socks are very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are extremely talented, Kylie. Thanks. I sold those socks to a good friend. She gave them to her mom.

      Delete
  6. I think you are so right, doing the things we love and definitely some singing along to favourite tunes is so good for us xx

    ReplyDelete