Monday, October 30, 2017

A Happy Weekend


I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I just received this gorgeous shot of Juliet Prowse. She's backstage on her 50th birthday. It's from her choreographer and partner, David Chavez. David is on the right, and Jim Hogan is on the left. Doesn't she look fabulous? The costumes were designed by my idol, Bob Mackie. Look at that fit. The colors remind me of wild birds. I got to dance in Juliet's nightclub act in Reno, Nevada. It was a joy. Juliet was pure light and talent She was so disciplined. I loved working with her; we all did.



I made some delicious meatballs over the weekend, and enjoyed them with spaghetti and garden salads. It's nice to have healthy meals prepared, so that  you can just heat them up for lunch or dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand, and just substituted ground turkey for the veal and pork. They were such a treat, and I still have several leftover.

I finished the 1940's sweater. Today I am just weaving in the ends. There are many, many strands of yarn to sew into the fabric. I'm pleased with it, overall. It looks like a blouse from that period. It's comfortable and soft. It's so satisfying to knit your own clothes. Making this sweater was really enjoyable, especially since I was given the yarn for free! It's excellent quality, and I know that I'll wear this for years and years. The style is classic and simple.

  
Now the question is, "What to knit next?" I am trying to decide whether I want to do another pair of socks in the earth toned colored yarn, or a baby blanket with the window pane pattern. It's nice to know that I have wool in my stash, waiting to be used and worn.


I had a lovely chat with my friend who I knit the alpaca/bamboo scarf for back  in September. He mentioned that he wore it to a retreat recently, with his choir. He excitedly told me that he received tons of compliments on it, which made me smile. They have the kind of weather back East that is perfect for wearing warm, hand knit items. I'm so pleased that he's getting so much use out of it. He's also happy with the alpaca throw that he ordered. I'm itching to make another one...How was your weekend?   

10 comments:

  1. It's lovely knowing how much a hand crafted gift means to another. We don't often have the winter weather here for wearing heavier hand knits, far too warm usually. My favourite handknit was made by my mum, who is a wonderful knitter. It's a short sleeve cardigan in the most beautiful peacock blue. I treasure it. Love the colours in the yarns of your photos, so very pretty. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg. Your cardigan sounds lovely. My friend picked these colors. He has such a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. weekend was spent knitting & a bit of gardening, sunday we have our markets which i help out at for half a day then i relaxed afterwards watching tv (on pc no ads) it was a nice weekend.
    glad your friend is enjoying his knits, sounds like it's cold over there already.
    pretty wool & yeh would love to see some earth coloured socks :))
    i love having plenty of wool to pick & choose from ...
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, Selina. It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I think I will get started on this earth toned socks. It's pretty yarn for this time of year.

      Delete
  4. I just love the colours you use Stephanie especially with purple as my favourite colour. Look forward to seeing what you knit next.
    We had a rather busy weekend running the kids around to various things such as gymnastics, work and a little halloween get together. Lots of cooking too of course.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple, too, Kylie. It sounds like you are busy and happy. Your home cooked meals always look so delicious.

      Delete
  5. Love the colours in that wool. I too intend to do far more knitting this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo of Juliet Prowse. Boy-was she ever in great physical shape! I agree-it is always nice when someone appreciates your knit work. What to work on next? That is always a tough choice. I feel the need to stretch my abilities a bit. Maybe tackle socks? Enjoy our cooler weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure was, Anita. She really worked at it. She did Bikram Yoga every day, took Pilates classes, and danced on stage at night. She also walked her dogs every morning.

      Delete
  7. Thanks Tania. So do I. Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete