Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tommy Tune & Ann Reinking





I found this fabulous piece of choreography on Youtube, and wanted to share it with you. I just love the style. It's so Broadway. The music and showmanship is absolutely wonderful. I wish I knew who did the choreography. It looks like Alan Johnson's work to me, but I'm not sure.

Tommy Tune hired me for the National Touring Company of My One and Only when I was a young dancer. I think I was twenty one. This led to a long and fulfilling working relationship with him. I got to do a couple of tours and the Broadway Workshop of Easter Parade with him. I also wrote a cover story on him for the magazine Dancer. He is a fantastic director and performer. It was one of the happiest times of my life. Tommy always hires excellent talent, I am still in touch with many of the dancers, singers, and actors that I met while working in his shows. They all have huge hearts.

Tommy is currently on tour with Chita Rivera in a show called Chita and Tune, Just In Time. I have my tickets, and can't wait to go see them. A friend and I plan to see it together. We are so excited! I really miss these types of shows. The music was inspiring and memorable. You left the theater singing, dancing, and feeling happy. You can't put a price on making the audience feel this way.

I hope you enjoy this clip. Let me know what you think. I just love Ann's Fosse style, and joy of movement. She is impeccably trained. She started out as a ballet dancer, and it really shows...

For some reason, the clip vanished after editing the post, so I will post it again, separately. 

2 comments:

  1. Dancing is such a mood lifting activity as well as an excellent way of keeping fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Tania. It's good for the soul. These two give me chills when they dance together.

    ReplyDelete