Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Soaking In the Energy of the Trees




Soaking in the energy of the trees up here has been so uplifting.  Wrightwood  really is a heavenly place.  I checked out a few fascinating books by hikers who have completed the Pacific Crest Trail.  The stories captivate me, because I know the area.  I walk sections of it, and pretend that I am traveling the entire way.  It really is a spiritual feeling.  There is so much history here.  The path is impeccably maintained in this area, too.  We all have a passion for hiking. 

Today I relaxed for quite a while by the fire.  It felt so cozy to drink coffee, read my library books, gaze at the incredible views of the mountains, and relax.  I was covered with a warm wool blanket that one of the previous owners must have crocheted.  It's impressive work.  The blankets are thick and heavy.  I love them.

 I finally took Lula for a walk on the main trail by Highway 2 this  afternoon.  She's used to going in the morning.  I lounged around, waited for more sun, and enjoyed a hot lunch.  I nuked  a sandwich of turkey ham with melted cheddar cheese on whole wheat bread.  Yesterday I worked nonstop for eight hours, so it felt good to be lazy and relaxed.     

 It's been thirty degrees here, so I am wearing all of my beloved hand knits.  The ladies at the library always compliment me, and ask me if I've made what I'm wearing.  I appreciate their enthusiasm.  The alpaca/wool gloves have really come in handy.  I knit them several years ago and they are still going strong.  Sock yarn is so durable.  It wears like iron.   Are you needing to wear gloves yet where you live?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear, as they are moderated. 

18 comments:

  1. I can just smell those trees! I too, love nature! I was thinking of how your life prior must have been so busy and how it is so amazing the dancing you did! You must have wonderful memories you can now take the time to savor. Your handiwork is beautiful! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell like vanilla, Andrea. Nature is so healing. I have to force myself to slow down and take a day off. Thank you, I love knitting.

      Delete
  2. Our snow disappeared, for now, but I've gotten in to the habit of wearing my warm Winter coat, my Fall boots and a pair of warm gloves on my hands in the morning. Nice and toasty while I drive kids to school or head to the office for a while. Good habits so when the big snow arrives, I'm all ready! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful, Chy. Yes, it's all about good habits and preparation in this weather. I am relearning the ropes.

      Delete
  3. Brr! That's cold! Beautiful photo of the trees with a glimpse of the mountains in the background. I am wearing socks, a sweater, a cardigan, and have a crocheted blanket over my legs, but, no gloves yet! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that photo, to, Bless. You sound very snug and warm with all of your hand knits and crocheted blanket.

      Delete
  4. You can't help but feel uplifted living amongst such beautiful surroundings.
    I've been wearing gloves here this week. It's been frosty in a morning and the road gritters have been out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Jules. I don't know what road gritters are. I'll have to google them...

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to be using your lovely knits. I was able to wrap myself in my first triangular shawl last Sunday while giving tours of the old adobe. That shawl has become a very convenient item in my wardrobe! Your hikes sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Anita. I'm happy to hear that you are using your triangular shawl. I wear my shawls all the time here, too. They are perfect for wrapping up in when it gets a bit cold.

      Delete
  6. I miss living in the country or being able to walk among the trees. There is ju.st something so spiritual about being in the forest or around water. I loved my visit to your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, Thanks for reading and for commenting. I agree. It is very spiritual in the woods. You feel like you are part of something bigger than yourself. I'm so happy that you are enjoying my blog. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. No gloves needed here, Stephenie. We are well into Spring and have had some Summerish days already! Your photo is beautiful, such a gorgeous place. Meg Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. It is spectacular there. I hiked that area of the Pacific Crest Trail again today. Lula and I just love it.

      Delete
  8. OMG what the?....then I realised your 30 is Not our 30c.Lots of handknits in our 30 would have you headed for Emergency department.
    There is something wonderful about being in the trees, our ladies bushwalking group spent last weekend walking the national parks and rainforests further North near the coast and we slept on the beach in big teepee tents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to sleep on the beach in teepees! Walking the national parks is so rewarding. Thanks for reading and for commenting, MargaretP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like such a peaceful place to be, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Mereknits. I just love the Pacific Crest Trail.

      Delete