Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Vintage Cabin Furnishings

I love the front door.  It is pure quality.  The letter box is very sweet, too.


I took some photos up at the cabin to share with you.  The seller left the place completely furnished.  It is amazing!  Anything you need is there.  It is so comfortable and cozy.  I felt as snug as a bug in a rug, as we used to say.


Here is the kitchen.  It takes me back in time.  The stove is petite and electric.  It reminds me of my mom's  when I was a child.  


The oven is spotless.  The lady who took care of this house and her family  for twenty years was an impeccable housekeeper.  The cabinets are just lovely, too.  Everything is in excellent condition, and so well made.  The original owner built it.  He was from Germany.  What a talented man!  I love the ceiling beams.


The kitchen is small but  efficient.  It has a gorgeous view of the mountains and pine trees.  It's like a painting.


The bedrooms are just big enough to fit a bed, and small chair, and a dresser.  They remind me of children's rooms.  In those days, bedrooms were built to be just big enough for sleeping.  There is also a tiny loft with a hand carved ladder.  I'm sure the boys in the family loved sleeping up there.

Do you have a small or large house?  Do you use all of the space, or find that you gravitate toward one favorite area?   Lula likes to hang out upstairs. Sometimes I hear her tripping.  It's a lot of extra sounds with four legs.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

16 comments:

  1. It looks like such a homely and cosy home, Stephenie. I love things that have a bit of a history, a story and that are well-made. Gorgeous front door! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Meg. Isn't that front door a show stopper? I knew I would love the cabin when I saw the photo of the front door.

      Delete
  2. How lucky it was all furnished and has everything there, will you be changing anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Everyday Life, Not right now. I may replace some of the rugs and the carpet. I don't plan to do that right away, though. I am doing some work on the cottage. It needs new windows.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize that you bought the house fully furnished! How lovely! Everything seems well planned out and just right for a little cabin in the mountains. Lula seems quite at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came that way, Bless. It was move in ready. It is so comfortable. The seller thought of everything. There are flashlights by the doors, plenty of wood for the fire, linens, towels, dishes, silverware...everything!

      Delete
  4. Sweet Lula...she loves the cabin! Beautiful and everything looks like in mint condition...the past owners did keep everything perfect! You are very fortunate! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, She does. The cabin has been beautifully maintained. The wood is just gorgeous. It's a very serene place to be.

      Delete
  5. Stephenie, I am in love with your cabin! That front door is stunning, and the inside with all the natural wood looks so cosy and inviting.

    How lovely for the cabin to be left immaculate and fully furnished. Lula is looking very contented and comfortable in her surroundings.

    Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Tania. That's exactly how I felt. It is such a delightful and comfy haven. I feel so fortunate. The sauna makes it feel like a spa. When I'm there, I feel like I'm on vacation. You should see the hiking trails...ah.

      Delete
  6. It is beautiful and looks so well maintained. Small rooms are easier to heat and keep warm! Our house is far too large for just the 2 of us, but it does feel so very small when the boys come home to visit. We spend most of our awake time on the back patios or the family room/kitchen area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is, Anita. They are, and small rooms are also easier to clean. To me, this house feels big, but no space is wasted. The storage and cabinets are amazing.

      Delete
  7. Hmm our house is smaller than many, but quite lovely and just what we need. I love your cabin. It looks really cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love small houses, earthmotherwithin. Yours sounds perfect for you. The cabin is beyond anything I had every dreamed of having. It's just fabulous. Thank you.

      Delete
  8. I love that door! It really suits a mountain cabin.

    The inside looks so cozy, Stephenie. Thank you for sharing photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I love that door, too. It has so much style. The original owner built this cabin, and you can really feel the care and pride that he put into it. More photos are coming!

      Delete