Friday, October 4, 2019

Swinging On the Deck Overlooking the Forest

the swing is beautifully made and it's threaded through the beams


One of my favorite features of the new cabin is the swing that's out on the deck.  It is so freeing to sit there and swing, enjoying the view of the gorgeous trees and mountains.  On my way home from the library last night, I noticed a young girl swinging in her front yard.  It was so sweet to watch her.  You don't see that as much anymore.  Most people seem to spend a lot of time glued to their phones.



I don't know the names of all of the trees up there yet.  This one is one of my favorites.  It's so delicate.  I had never seen it until I moved up to Wrightwood.  The shade of green and the soft, light texture makes me marvel at nature's artistry. 



This is the sun room.  The couch is SO comfortable, and it folds out into a bed.  The one by the fireplace also makes into  a bed.  I guess if I ever have trouble climbing stairs, I can just sleep by the fire.  The seller told me that she used to sit in this room and do jigsaw puzzles, while  watching the snow fall.  It has a   large picture window.  I will probably recline on the comfy sofa and knit. It's so plush and soft; it makes me want to take a nap.  I'm terrible at jigsaw puzzles.  The thought of doing one completely stresses me out...the pieces are so small, and there are so many of them.  Maybe I'll give it a try, anyway.  She left some up in the guest room.  There are also several board games.  I don't have internet up there, and I may keep it that way.   


There are several birdhouses out on the deck.  I love the different shapes and styles.  There is a huge stash of bird seed in the pantry.  I'm not sure if I will feed them; I don't want to attract rodents.  I'll leave them up for decoration.  The attention to detail in the decor really impresses me.  It's so special. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear.  They are moderated.  

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, to have a swing on the porch! I love the way you are enjoying your cabin, and learning to appreciate it's features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi earth, The swing on the deck is such a highlight. It makes my heart soar.

      Delete
  2. Can your photos get any more beautiful? You have such a lovely place, I can see why you love it there. A porch swing? I didn't know they still existed. I would love to have one now I have seen yours.

    Loving the decor inside, so retro and homely.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, It is so beautifully crafted, just like the cabin. I encourage you to get a swing. They are just wonderful.

      Delete
  3. The swing is a lovely touch. I know a little girl (and her mum!) who would love that. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, Jules? Something about swinging through a forest is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Stephenie. You paint a lovely picture in words of a wonderful scene. Perhaps you could take up painting or drawing. You have such a lovely place to practice in. I can't wait to see it all when the snow starts to fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, unfortunately, I have no talent for painting or drawing. I do plan to write and knit, though. The atmosphere is perfect. I may buy one of those adult coloring books. Haha...

      Delete
  5. I just love seeing your cabin, it makes me feel peaceful and relaxed just seeing your photos, it must be sheer bliss for you, we long peace and quite and hope this time next year to have found somewhere we can make into a little sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the vibe up there, Everyday Life. Having the land around the home makes all of the difference.

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I don't like puzzles either. But I think they are nice looking! The birds probably get loads of seeds from the forest. If you fill the bird feeders you might also attract larger, wild animals! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I would probably like them if I could do them. I would need something with huge pieces. I agree with you about the bird feeders. That's exactly what I was thinking.

      Delete
  7. I also love a good swing! I remember teaching my sons how to swing when they were toddlers. There is quite a science to it and it is difficult to explain, believe it or not. I love the lamp shade-my grandmother had ones like that and I thought they were so elegant. The more you show of your cabin the more wonderful it becomes. Thanks so much for sharing and keep the photos and stories coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, It is wonderful. I hope you can come up and visit sometime. It's the perfect place to knit and crochet.

      Delete
  8. That really is a gem of a cabin you've found up there! I used to enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles, but, now, my eyesight isn't quite what it used to be and I have a harder time fitting the pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more I see your cabin, the more I fall in love with it. 😊
    Now I can’t wait until you have snow up there, so I can vicariously enjoy a snowy winter in a mountain cabin. 😊

    ReplyDelete