Tuesday, October 1, 2019

First Night at the Cabin

my favorite part of the cabin


Last night was the first night we stayed at the cabin.  It was so incredible!  The bed is really comfortable.  Lula somehow knew which bed we would be sleeping in, and she was waiting for me in the master bedroom, once I got upstairs.  She looked like she was smiling and saying,  "I'm all ready for bed, in our new place... " She  is so funny.  She has been glued to my side since the Rottweiler and Mastiff attacked her. We are even closer now.  It's funny how going through something like that together strengthens your bond.

this is the view from the deck

The bed was really comfortable.  Sitting by the fireplace and knitting during the day was such a treat.  I have been longing for a fireplace for twenty years.  I am so looking forward to the snow.  It is going to be a stunning winter wonderland up there.  Now I need to buy some snow boots.

the fireplace is so cozy and warm

I met a few more neighbors.  I have really lucked out.  They seem very fit, outdoorsy, and happy.  People who love the mountains seem to have something in common, spiritually.  I feel very at home there.  It's so peaceful.

I stacked up some wood for the evening       

   
 We went on a new hiking trail today.  The landscape is so green and healthy.  The pine trees and oaks make all the difference.  It feels so healthy and healing to hike in the mountain air.  A cabin in the woods is like glamping.  You have the best of both worlds. How are things with you?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Stephenie, it looks just as I'd imagined it would. It's perfect. It'll be magical there when it snows. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I absolutely love it. I am looking forward to the snow.

      Delete
  2. Such a happy post! The cabin looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, look at you all settled in the new cabin already! That was fast! It looks like you've got everything unpacked and put in place! I'd still be having boxes of stuff sitting around! Glad you enjoyed the first night there and Lula is doing well, too. Lovely view from your deck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thank you. There was very little to unpack. The cabin came totally furnished. Yes, the views are breathtaking.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cabin! The fireplace is so nice and large too. Good for Lula and your bond. And good neighbors, that is very important! Your stay sounds like a touch of heaven. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Thank you. You're right, the fireplace is really large. It heats up the cabin nicely. I love it there.

      Delete
  5. Your cabin is absolutely gorgeous, I love it.
    It looks so cosy and homely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Everyday Life. It is wonderfully cozy. The previous owners had such attention to detail.

      Delete
  6. It looks just perfect! I too love a fireplace. There is something so peaceful about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful!
    I didn't realize that it was furnished as well....what a find.

    Wishing you years of contentment and wonderful hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cabin looks just like I pictured it. It seems the last owner left everything in such nice, clean order. It must be fun to look through the cabinets and closets and see her treasures. Gorgeous views from the deck also. Lula has such an expressive face-photos of her always make me smile. Snow will be coming in just a few months!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really did, Anita. I love Lula's expressions, too. She's fun to photograph.

      Delete
  9. It’s so beautiful, Stephenie. I was smiling as I read your post. Look at Lula! You can see how happy she is. 😊
    I pictured you sitting near that fireplace, knitting. I know you are going to so happy this winter, in your new cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It's a dream to sit and knit at that fireplace. I am excited for the cold weather.

      Delete