Monday, October 7, 2019

Walking Home From the Library



I took this photo as I was walking home from the library.  I found out that it's closed on Sunday.  This was the first time since the dog attack that I have walked anywhere from my cabin.  I left Lula at home, and brought a long rod iron bar with me.  This is my street.  I think it's just breathtaking.  



My favorite cafe is called the Village Grind.  It's such a sweet little place.  They allow dogs on the patio.  I go there regularly.  It's so different than Starbucks and the other chains.  I love the charm and attention to detail.  They have terrific reviews on Facebook, Yelp, and Travel Advisor, which are well deserved.  "It's small, but it's ours," the owner told me with a smile.  You can really see the love and care that they have poured into this place.



This door leads to the patio.  They also have al fresco tables near the entrance.  Most people in Wrightwood like to sit outside and gaze at the mountains.  It's mesmerizing.  It looks like they have quite a selection of wine, as well.  That old fashioned popcorn maker gets regular use.  The sandwiches are excellent, too.



Lula and I have been hiking every day.  I bought a map of all of the trails at the local hardware store.  It's exciting to explore all of the different areas.  It's a camper and hiker's paradise up there.   The air just fills up your lungs with oxygen.  It's so healing and rejuvenating.



I noticed these brightly colored red berries on our hike.  They look so festive.  I'm not sure what they are.  I bet the birds love them; they remind me of holly.  Have you been doing much walking or hiking where you live?  It's my new passion.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear, as they are moderated.


15 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful and peaceful! The red berries look like they are rose hips. The outside is edible, but the seeds inside aren't. Quite high in vitamin C. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Hmm...I never though of rose hips. They look different on the rose bushes in my area. I will have to pick one and see. It is very beautiful and peaceful there. A slice of heaven.

      Delete
  2. What a great cafe! I would love sitting on the porch and looking at the view

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got so much style and personality, emw. I love sitting out on the patio, too.

      Delete
  3. What lovely pictures. That little cafe looks so cosy. I love hiking, but my body is playing up these days. I do have a 20 minute walk I do every day though, along a beautiful forest path in the hills where we live. Blessings, Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain. I remember what that was like, when my hips were arthritic. I hope you find some relief. Norway looks like such an enchanting place.

      Delete
  4. I can almost breathe in the fresh air, Stephenie and the little café looks the perfect place to stop and enjoy a drink.
    As you know, I am a huge fan of walking, although, with all the rain we've been experiencing lately, it's rather muddy around here just now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I agree with you about walking, especially as I get older. This is the most fabulous place to take walks...

      Delete
  5. Oh it's beautiful! The street and the cafe! popcorn....that would be a selling point to move for my husband...lol Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, A man in the cage asked for a bag of popcorn the last time I was there. It reminded me of the old movie theaters.

      Delete
  6. You certainly live on a beautiful street. You will need to post photos from the same spot after a snowstorm. I hike quite regularly in the cooler months. We are lucky enough to live on the edge of a preserve that has trails which go from Vulcan Mountain (near Julian) all the way to Del Mar Beach. I tend to stay near our small lake, Lake Hodges, though since it is easy to go out the front door, walk half a block up and enter the reserve and walk to the lake's shore in less than a mile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, How wonderful to live so close to a lake and hiking trails. I am looking forward to the first snow up there. It will be fun to photograph.

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely place to have coffee, I do hope the dog situation gets sorted, I do worry for you and Lula, please let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That street is so beautiful. The little cafe looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete